All Church Announcement - May 21st
The Governors recent announcement for the timeline of churches to reopen can be very disheartening, to say the least. It is our desire at Riverdale Church to worship together in person and we are believing and praying that day comes soon. Although we do not have a date set, we are beginning our building reopening plan with reasonable safety guidelines. Our team has been working to create a touch-less visitor experience for everyone involved. We want you to know:
- All surfaces will be sanitized before and after services.
- Greeters will “Smile and Wave” as you arrive in the building.
- Doors will be propped open to avoid touching handles.
- Giving buckets will be in the back of the sanctuary to place your tithes and offerings.
- Encourage social distancing in the sanctuary during services (with pre-marked seating)
- No Bulletins! Announcements can be found before and after service on the screens or digitally on our Riverdale App and website.
- Prepackaged communion elements will be provided on Communion Sundays
- Hand Sanitizers will be placed by the doors.
- We will not be serving food or drinks.
Please know that we are exploring all options to assure that everyone who walks through our doors are safe when the church opens again. I ask that you continue to pray for us as we walk through this difficult time with wisdom, grace and love. We the church are the light of the world, and now is the time, more then ever, to be that light.
14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16
Pastor Rick Santiago