What is a MOPS group?
MOPS groups are communities that strive to meet the needs of every mom with children from birth through kindergarten. MOPS recognizes that urban, suburban, and rural moms, stay-at-home and working moms, teen, single, and married moms all share a similar desire to be the very best moms they can be. MOPS groups can help!
* Community: MOPS provides an open, caring, and accepting atmosphere where women can come together to share this important season of life.
* Mentoring: Mature women listen, encourage, and offer information and perspectives gained through experience.
* Practical Instruction: Teaching focuses on areas of common interest, offering inspiration and information that is relevant to the life of a mother.
* Leadership Development: MOPS groups are organized and run by mothers of preschoolers, as well as for mothers of preschoolers. Women who are involved in MOPS gain confidence in their leadership skills through the training and experience they receive from MOPS.
Who can come?
We've all been placed in this time and place in history, as the tribe of women who are raising the world. We know we mother better together, so all moms are welcome at MOPS. From the time you get pregnant to when your kiddo is in Kindergarten, our doors are open.
For the kids
What do kids do while mom is in a MOPS meeting? They are having a blast in our MOPPETS program! The MOPPETS program is a preschool-style experience your kiddos will love.
We split the kids up into age appropriate classrooms. The older classrooms each have a curriculum and activities for the kids to enjoy along with snack time. The snacks are usually animal or gold fish crackers and water. Please let us know if your child has an allergy and we will do our best to accommodate it.
Newborns are welcome to stay with their moms in the main meeting. Our only request is that once a child is mobile or becoming a disruption, that they be placed in the nursery room at that point.
What to expect
Our morning group meets September-May on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays from 9:15-11:30am.
We start each meeting with a yummy brunch and a time to chat with other women who understand the joys AND the frustrations of motherhood. We love to eat and talk, so it's a great way to start out the morning.
Once a month we bring in special speakers who teach on a variety of topics. Each speaker is unique but all of them have a common goal of encouraging and equipping us to be the best moms and women that we can possibly be.
When we don't have speakers, we provide discussion groups where moms can get to know one another and connect on a deeper level. After discussion group, we "get our craft on" with some fun Pinterest inspired crafts.
Throughout the year we also provide opportunities for moms to connect outside of our MOPS meetings. We offer moms night out, play dates, service projects, etc.
During the summer we take a break from our regularly scheduled meetings and instead meet up for play dates and mom’s night out events.
For more information about our morning group please fill out this form and tell us more about yourself. Someone will contact you shortly.
Find us on facebook or email Melissa Wengler at email@example.com
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!
What is MOPS?
Here at MOPS, we are on a mission to celebrate motherhood.
We build circles of women who love each other like family, because raising humans is beautiful and hard, and having each other to lean on is life giving. That’s why we connect moms all over the world to a community of women, in their own cities, who meet together to laugh, cry and embrace the journey of being a mom.
This is motherhood, and together we can change the world in all the best ways.
Tell me more about MOPS groups …
Here are the basic elements of every group:
- A welcoming and open environment
- Mentoring and leadership development opportunities
- Time for creative activities
- Valuable take away teachings and lessons
- And best of all … childcare
Find us at…