Celebrate Recovery is a biblical and balanced program, based on the actual words of Jesus rather than psychological theory, that helps us overcome our hurts, hang-ups, and habits. 20 years ago, Saddleback Church launched Celebrate Recovery with 43 people, designed to help those struggling with hurts, habits, and hang-ups by showing them the loving power of Jesus Christ through a recovery process.
Celebrate Recovery is now in more than 20,000 churches worldwide, including Riverdale Church.
Welcome to Celebrate Recovery 2019 | The Year of HOPE!
June 10 | Confess
June 17 | Admit
June 24 | Ready
July 1 | OFF HOLIDAY God Bless America!
Time and Location
Large Group Meeting 7pm
Small Open Discussion Groups 8:15
Child Care 7pm-9pm
Come join us for delicious homemade meals! This is the meeting before the meeting –it’s just as important as the other meetings. It is where we start to build healthy relationships. We have the chance to meet sponsors, build support and accountability teams, and build healthy friendships.
This is a great opportunity to gather as a Recovery community. We worship God with our Celebrate Recovery band; receive teaching on the 12 steps and their biblical comparisons, and hear testimonies from those who have walked the road of recovery.
Open Share Groups
We gather in gender and issue-specific groups. Open Share groups provide an opportunity to share our experience, strength, and hope in our own recovery. Safety is key in recovery. In order to keep groups safe, we hold to these 5 guidelines:
1. Keep your sharing focused on your own thoughts and feelings. Please limit your sharing to 3-5 minutes.
2. There will be no cross talk please. Cross talk is when two individuals engage in dialogue, excluding all others. Each person is free to express feelings without interruption.
3. We are here to support each other. We will not attempt to “fix” one another.
4. Anonymity and confidentiality are basic requirements. What is shared in the group stays in the group.
5. Offensive language has no place in a Christ-centered recovery group.